Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Muffin mix

   Hey everyone, in our house I try not to have my kids eating cold cereal. As you know I have four children. And they eat a lot, I have watched as they ate a whole box of  and then an hour later say they are hungry. ( I do keep some cold cereal for when I am sick or unable to make more right a way.)
One of the Breakfast meals that is great for busy school mornings and the kids love is Muffins. I have made this big mix so I have less work on baking day. Today I am telling you how to mix and make these muffins.

First you need to mix the dry ingredients together. I us a really large bowl for this. 



        Once all the dry ingredients are mixed it needs stored in a air tight container. I us an old glass olive or pickle jar.




    Now when I need to bake some muffins I just take out what I need. I doubled this last batch sense I want to freeze some.

Once everything is mixed you fill the muffin tins. (excuse my old stained pans) 



Then you bake at 400*F for 18-20 minutes. 
 
let cool on a rack before putting away. 

 
                                          Hope you enjoy.



    Muffin Mix

Dry ingredients:
8 cups flour
3 cups sugar
3 TBS baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp nutmeg
Mix together  and store in an air tight container. 


To make muffins:


2 3/4 cup muffin mix
1 egg Beaten 
1 cup milk
1/2 cup melted butter
Mix into dry ingredients then add your choice of fruit, berries or chocolate chips. 
Fill muffin tins and bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment