Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Busy Weekend


 With the 70 degree weather this weekend we braved the strong winds to get things done. Joel worked on finding the lead in the tractors gas line. We also worked on cleaning the big house up so that the Electrician can get around once he gets to us.
   While Joel and Mahala made a needed run to town for some last minute plumbing supplies. I rounded up the boys and we cleaned barn. We started with just cleaning the rabbit cages and went from there.  



Sense we buy our feed in bulk some times we need to use my rain barrel to hold extra. I gave William the Job of emptying the last of it so I could use it again. Ethan had his heart set on riding horse so he went straight to that pen sense the barn gate was blocked. (Usually I us the out door gate but the cow is starting to act up and so I say out of the pasture. I help Ethan block the door so the animals would quite coming in thinking it was feeding time.

 
 The first to ride

   Harold was given the task to open gates and pick up any garbage that he could find. I am surprised with how many plastic bottles that Coda had brought in to chew.  But finally we had the garbage cleaned and the square bales (for the rabbits) re stacked, That was my job. We also got the walk way well cleaned. 
Second to go
I am always amazed at how much I have to clean every spring and fall in the barn. I have always tried to keep things tidied in there. Now with the older boys doing most of the chores on non school days it seems to get less care than before.

Proud cowboy 

Some of you might wonder why the kids don't do chores along with school. I get that asked by some others around here. We have no electricity in the barn. So we have to wait for the sun light. Though Joel has set up some lights inside that we plug in they don't give enough light for doing things in the whole barn. After school the kids have piano and home work add that to getting off the bus at 4 and you have lost day light. We also want them to have time to play and unwind. So I do chores while they are gone and they do them all summer and one weekends. It works out very well. 


every one had fun

While I was cleaning I found a better spot to build a colony pen for our female rabbits. Sense our barn was an old dairy barn we have to work around a lot of things we can't move. (One day it will be replaced. ) I found a nice place that will give room and I only need to build one wall and a door for it. It will also be on cement so it will be easier for everyone to clean and no worry about them trying to dig out. Now to get it cleaned and built. 

Even I got on

 I will be honest with you. I haven't rode sense before Harold was born. I was hurt by a young horse I was training. I was unable to get on again for a while, Then we found out Harold was one the way. I was never able to ride while pregnant sense it caused contractions. 
   There is an old saying "If you fall of get back on". I had done that my whole life. Even watching my father get hurt never stopped me. But after this time with two toddlers in the house with my Husband suddenly I realized. If I got hurt things weren't that easy as when I was childless. ( which was also my teens.)

I have tried a couple times to get back one, but never could. But on Saturday Joel decided he'd Help me out. With him leading I was able to get back on. Though I am far from just going out again like I had, I am one step closer to being where I want to be. 
 











No comments:

Post a Comment