Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Hunt: January 8th


I have decided to join Teresa over at  Eden Hills. She has started a Friday Hunt where we do a search as I understand of the alphabet.  She gives us three things to post for the week.  This week she gave us these things:
1. Starts with B
2. Week's Favorite
3. Outside



1. Every thing I have today has something to do with a B.  I went around my place and took pictures. It's been a while sense I just played with my camera, and with the warm weather I decided to see what I got. 

First is the bunnies, these are just our girls that I raise in a colony setting. I am hoping to breed them soon.  Then comes our barn, It was the first building built on the property when the Hoglund's settled the place. It will be getting replaced in a few years sense. We were hoping to fix it up but it is past the point of saving.  




 2. My favorite picture that I took is of the Brier Rose.

Joel and the kids thought that we needed to name our house. So after a while I came up with the Brier Rose. We call her Rose for short. Joel and our plumber friend Ben will soon be done with the in floor heating and will finish up the water lines. Can't wait to have that done and get the wiring all done. 







3. Outside :  I was about to come in when the thought of trying to get a picture of some birds at the feeder came to me. Unfortunately none where willing to come as I stood there. But I did find this guy watching me in the tree. 






Now next week is going to be below zero so I don't know how much I will be out side. But at least it is warmer than most winters. 



Thanks for joining me today and stop By Friday Hunt @ Eden Hills to check out others that are joining. 



24 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining in. I just love the name of your house--very romantic! Such a shame the barn can't be repaired, but it will certainly be nice to have a nice new one. Adorable bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. We did wish to fix up the barn but right now I would just be happy to have lights in it with out an extension cord.

      Delete
  2. Oh oh oh -- another RED house!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I have had people ask why we where building such a big barn for.

      Delete
  3. Love the bunnies!
    Have a great week-end!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  4. Nice to meet you, Marnita. I love bunnies! How blessed you are to have your very own. Sad to hear the barn can't be saved, but it has to be functional. Pretty house. I'll bet that heated floor feels wonderful underfoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to have you stop by. The floors will feel wonderful, (I hope) Once we are living inside. Thanks for stopping.

      Delete
  5. I love your home and the name that you called it. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it's going to be colder then it's great that next week's prompt is "inside." ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, when I seen that. Also with the C. I can hopefully get some of my Cat. ;)

      Delete
  7. Your house looks nice! I'd love to see the inside! (maybe next week! :) )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you. And thanks for the idea, I will try to get some inside pictures up. Right now its all studs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful house! Funny - when we moved onto our land the barn was built first too. Seems the animals get housing before the humans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The older lady that lived here as a child, told us that her father always said that a barn will build the house. But a House will not build a barn. Its an old dairy barn too.

      Delete
  10. Love the house! And I got bunnies too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful place you have! It's too bad about the barn being beyond saving. Love the name of your house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the quaint English custom of naming your home and called ours Lavender Cottage 20 years ago. Brier Rose is pretty and I visited a 100+ farm house a friend bought recently that has in-floor heating in the bathroom - could have stayed in there all day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Love the Lavender cottage. Can't wait for the in floor heat next year. Right now in our trailer we are having a hard time to keeping it at 70.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Briar Rose is a sweet name for your house. It does have the loveliness of the rose.
    The View from the Top of the Ladder

    ReplyDelete